How to Write a Good Research Proposal
A Research Proposal is a document written by a person who wants to become a researcher in the area that he or she has chosen. To put it simply it’s a document that qualifies the person to be a researcher.
Before the person has a proposal, that person shall be duly qualified. In most countries a person who is a Post-graduate and has an excellent academic track record is a qualified person to apply for a Doctoral Program.
A research proposal is intended to convince others that the person has the worthwhile research project and that the person has competence and the work-plan to complete it. Generally, a research proposal should contain all the key elements involved in the research process and include sufficient information for the readers to evaluate the proposed study.
The instructions that are to be followed while writing a good research proposal are:
• A good title: A good title is a must for any research proposal. With a good title the reader’s attention is grabbed and he involves in the work.
• A good Abstract: A brief summary of the work should be written in the abstract. The abstract should address the problem/ issue and propose the solution and the steps involved in realizing the solution.
• Introduction to the topic: An introduction to the topic should be given. This formal introduction highlights the importance of the issue, the proposal and that of the work. Write the pros and cons of the work. In other words talk about the advantages and disadvantages of the work. One should be a little careful here as the number of disadvantages if increase beyond the advantages, then the proposal stands to be rejected.
• Mention in detail about the resources: This section shall deal with the resources that are used in the study. In this section the depth of the knowledge of the student can come out as the proposal has entered into the technical details of the proposal.
• Implementation of methods: In this section explain in detail the implementation of methods in a much technical manner. Explain benefits of the research.
• Predict the results in advance: The actual results of the research might not be known until the research is actually carried on. But, predicting the results in advance can boast the confidence of the Committee on the research proposal.
• Discuss the impact of the results: Most people are interested in the results of a research. So, in order that the readers are kept interesting till the very end of the document, impact of the results must be given as an idea about the work. Say, for example, if a genetics researcher wants to do a research, then the potential results arising from the research, like a cure for cancer, etc, will definitely interest the reader and will give a better chance of the person being chosen for the research.
The above things can be kept in mind while writing a Research Proposal. These are not hard and fast rules, but are general instructions. They give the basic idea of ‘what to do’ and ‘what not to do’ in Research Paper.
About the Company: HelpWithAssignment.com is an online tutoring company. Our network spans 3 continents and several countries. We offer three kinds of services: Assignment Help, Thesis Help and Online Tuitions for students in their college or University.http://www.helpwithassignment.com/